[webkit-gtk] Building 2.4.9 on OS X

philip.chimento at gmail.com philip.chimento at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:57:53 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 4:28 AM Philippe Normand <philn at igalia.com> wrote:

> On 09 Dec 2015, at 12:56, Erik Allik <eallik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Philippe and thanks for pointing out the 2 issues!
>
> Last I checked it appeared audio/video did not compile without
> gstreamermm; the gstreamer package didn't provide any `.pc` files; as soon
> as I added `gstreamermm`, it started compiling. But audio/video had other
> issues, so as you can see, they are enabled conditionally, and in the run
> whose log I pasted, were not enabled anyway.
>
> I also disabled the FFTFrame patch, which you said was wrong, however the
> same compilation error still occurs. I'm now trying to monitor how the
> MacPorts port does the compilation, using `--verbose`, and possibly extract
> the right way and put that in the Homebrew formula.
>
> However, as pointed out in the initial e-mail, I cannot use anything newer
> than 2.4.9 as that's what's needed by the `webkitgtk3` Cabal package —
>

> Sorry I can’t help you then.
> Someone would need to back port the OSX build fixes in the next stable
> release.

2.4.9 actually had far fewer build issues than newer versions. This JHbuild
entry works:
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/blob/master/modulesets/gtk-osx-network.modules#L131-L162

Only one patch to 2.4.9 is needed if you use the combination of autogenargs
mentioned above:
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/blob/master/patches/webkit-140167-disable-netscape-api.patch
I haven't recently tried with gstreamer enabled, but it did work at one
point. I might suggest trying to build with gstreamer disabled first and
then go from there.

(For your reference, the JHbuild instructions on OS X are here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/OSX/Building)

Regards,
Philip C