[webkit-gtk] Does webkit-2.8.0 also have webkit1 bindings?

David Ronis David.Ronis at McGill.CA
Mon Apr 13 15:45:46 PDT 2015

I'm trying to build webkit-gtk+-2.8.0 (which I gather is webkit2) as
part of my build of gnome-3.16.1, to make it worse, on a slackware
linux box.

My problem is that some of the gnome-programs still require a webkit1
API.  In looking at the 2.8.0 components, I notice that there is are
Source/WebKit and Source/WebKit2 directories.  The former seems to be
unused and only libwebkit2 libraries are installed.

I tried adding -DENABLE_WEBKIT=ON statements to various things, but it
didn't help.  Here is what I'm using for CMAKE_FLAGS:

CMAKE_FLAGS = -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(main_prefix) \
        -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -I$(prefix)/include/NetworkManager -DENABLE_WEBKIT=ON" \
        -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -I$(prefix)/include/NetworkManager -DENABLE_WEBKIT=ON -fpermissive" \
        -DPORT="GTK" -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DENABLE_WEBKIT=ON

I've had this problem in the past, but was always able to
compile an older version to give me the webkit1, but unfortunately, this is no longer possible.

Thanks in advance,

David