[webkit-gtk] Hangs while "Scanning dependencies for target"

Franz Fellner alpine.art.de at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:45:33 PDT 2015

Hi there,

Since webkit-gtk moved to cmake I have weird hangs while cmake
is scanning dependencies.
The first (and worst) is target "WebCore". cmake hangs at 100%
for 20 (twenty) minutes. A second hang at "WebKit2" takes another
10 minutes. So the huge build (here ~1 to 1.5 hours, depends if I
have to use the laptop or if I can shut down everthing so
resources are freed - this is already with distcc) get's extended
by another 30 minutes. It is just consuming CPU, no Disc Access
or large RAM usage (stays constant at ~50MB for the cmake process)
It does not change with different cmake versions (latest try with
cmake-3.1.0).

So: is this behaviour normal?
If not which information do you need?

My system is a low/mid range thinkpad, intel i3 sandy bridge,
~4GB RAM + another 4GB SWAP, 5200 RPM HDD.

Regards
Franz