[webkit-gtk] JPEG-XR support in WebKItGTK+

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Wed Apr 1 06:27:41 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-01 at 10:59 +0200, Sven Schwedas wrote:
> This might just be a chicken-egg problem, though: Why should any
> distribution bother with packaging it, if no application uses it?

And why would any sane web site use the format, if there exists one
major browser that does not support it? Chicken and egg again. The
decision on which formats to support should not be based on what web
sites are currently using.

I am very skeptical of a format that has been rejected by both Chrome
and Firefox, though. I don't see why any sites would want to use such a
format, regardless of what we do.