[webkit-gtk] Porting complicated autotools build setup to cmake

Rob robert.swain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 01:25:29 PDT 2014

Hello,

With webkitgtk releases < 2.6.0 I was setting a bunch of CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
LDFLAGS, AR_FLAGS, individual package CFLAGS and LDFLAGS (e.g.
FREETYPE_CFLAGS and FREETYPE_LIBS) etc etc and then I was building as
follows:

    cp -R ${home}/$BUILD_DIR/DerivedSources .
    mkdir -p ${installdir}/lib
    ${home}/$BUILD_DIR/configure \
        --prefix=$PREFIX \
        --host=${target_triple} \
        ${platform_configure_flags} \
        --enable-static \
        --disable-shared \
        --disable-glibtest \
        --disable-x11-target \
        --disable-credential-storage \
        --disable-geolocation \
        --disable-video \
        --disable-web-audio \
    && make jsc
    DESTDIR=${installdir} make install-libjavascriptcoregtk_3_0_laHEADERS \
    && cp .libs/libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0.a ${installdir}/lib

I would like to port this build method from autotools / configure to cmake
so that I can build webkitgtk 2.6.0. So far, the most information I have is
(from
http://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2014/08/01/webkitgtk-2-5-1-good-bye-webkit1/
 ):

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX= -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib -DPORT=GTK \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .

Does setting CFLAGS and so on work as before? Even for specific packages
like FREETYPE_CFLAGS?

How do I port over all the --enable and --disable configure flags? I expect
it's through some kind of -D<flag>=<value> but I'm not sure and not sure
where to find them.

How do I build just JavaScriptCore?

Also, I will be building this for a variety of platforms so if there is
anything platform specific that is needed, that would also be welcome. With
autotools it was just a case of specifying various necessary flags in
CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Rob Swain