[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.6.0 released!

Dylan Alex Simon dylan-webkit at dylex.net
Mon Sep 29 18:41:07 PDT 2014

It would be nice if there were a README or something with instructions for the
new build system for those of us not involved in development (the instructions
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk explicitly say not for tarballs, and
indeed do not work).  I eventually figured out that "cmake -D PORT=GTK . &&
make" seems to do something (though I couldn't figure out separate compilation
anymore).

However, I ran into some trouble farther on.  I don't have a fully working
gtk+-2, but don't need any plugin support, so ended up using
ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS_GTK2=OFF and ENABLE_NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API=OFF.  This ran
into an error in
Source/WebKit2/PluginProcess/unix/PluginControllerProxyUnix.cpp because it
checks ENABLE(PLUGIN_PROCESS) while
Source/WebKit2/PluginProcess/PluginControllerProxy.h checks
ENABLE(NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API).  set(ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS ON) seems to be set
unconditionally in Source/cmake/OptionsGTK.cmake.  Perhaps this is not a
supported configuration, or I'm not setting the configuration options
correctly?

(Also, the build fails if gobject-introspection is installed but glib/atk/etc.
aren't build with introspection, but this is a more minor issue.)

Thanks,
Dylan