[webkit-gtk] Compiling xserver on Fedora 20

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Oct 6 08:10:10 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-06 at 13:28 +0200, youenn fablet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can no longer run the update-webkitgtk-libs script, as xserver
> compilation is failing on a Fedora 20 system.
> It might be related to recent updates in my system, probably not to
> changes in WebKit.
>
> The issue is related to dtrace.
> A work-around is to add --without-dtrace to my xserver config.
> But I am not sure of all potential implications.
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue?
>
> Regards,
>    Youenn

Hm, it's broken for me too. The error message is:

  GEN      dtrace-dix.o
/usr/bin/dtrace:/tmp/tmpH1C5vv.d:34 syntax error near:
typedef unsigned short int __u_short;

Since we don't explicitly enable or disable dtrace, it's enabled only if
you have /sbin/dtrace and /usr/include/sys/sdt.h. On Fedora those are
provided by the package systemtap-sdt-devel. I don't think we need
dtrace, so it'd be easiest to just disable it in
Tools/gtk/jhbuild.modules.