[webkit-gtk] Dynamic user agent

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed May 7 11:29:00 PDT 2014

[Sorry, I misreplied privately, resending]

Hey,

On Seg, 5 Mai, 2014 at 4:43 , Egor Egorov <me at egorfine.com> wrote:

> Please forgive me for being naive, but if we can identify those sites
> in particular, then we might just as well get in touch with their
> administrators and ask then to fix it, right?
>
> I guess the problem lies with sites not known beforehand for
> user-agent header sniffing.

I've done a lot of contacting sites, it has worked a few times, like
for when Ars Technica was identifying 'webkit + linux' as android and
giving Epiphany a mobile page, but for things like Google I have had a
huge time getting them to fix stuff (even having friends working there,
and knowing a lot of people in the Chrome team), and they keep
releasing broken stuff, so I don't think that scales.

Gustavo Noronha