[webkit-gtk] testing text-caret-moved events

Mario Sanchez Prada mario.prada at samsung.com
Tue May 6 03:46:42 PDT 2014

Hi Jarek,

I think that idea of using AccessibilityUIElement.setSelectedTextRange() and
calling atk_text_set_caret_offset() when length == 0 might work, so I'm all
for trying that out. After all, internally in WebKit, Caret positions are
treated as zero-length selections anyway, so it's not that inconsistent.

If that does not work for some reason though, then adding new API to
AccessibilityUIElement (+ providing dummy implementations for other
platforms) could certainly be another possibility.

Thanks,
Mario