[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.4.0 released!

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Tue Mar 25 00:49:57 PDT 2014

El lun, 24-03-2014 a las 13:11 -0700, Niranjan Rao escribió:
> Is there a document/blog entry that describes the multiple web
> processes in greater detail. I am especially curious about the part
> about configuring multiple web process for setting cache
> directory/cookies etc.

This is about supporting multiple web processes for the same WebContext.
Those settings you mention are always shared for the same web context,
so a network process is used in this case to use the same cookies, disk
cache, etc.

> Can each process have its cache directory? If not, how do we manage
> multiple processes not stepping on each other's shoes unless all
> network calls are channelled through network process somehow.

For this you need to use different web contexts, which is not currently
supported in our API, because we haven't found a use case yet. It would
be easy to add, we would just need to expose webkit_web_context_new().
If you need it, please file a bug report and expose your use case there.