[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed Mar 19 12:00:58 PDT 2014

Hey,

Em Qua, 2014-03-19 às 11:46 -0700, Martin Robinson escreveu:
> It seems like a lot of people are in favor of removing the code now.
> We will continue to support WebKit1 for as long as we release the 2.4
> branch (that may be 6 months or even a year). I think this is
> suitable, as it will still be possible to use WebKi1 for some time. If
> someone wants to continue maintaining WebKit1, they can submit patches
> against the 2.4 branch. Is anyone opposed to this?

As you may be aware, the Raspberry Pi foundation has been using WebKit1,
mostly because they see having multiple processes as waste of resources.
I am not so sure that having separate processes causes that much waste
myself, but thought I'd mention their case here at least.

I am personally in favour of removing the code from trunk, too.

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project