[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Wed Mar 19 07:48:16 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:
> My main concern is that maintaining WebKit1 in a different branch is
> more work in the end. I'm fine if we disable wk1 by default in trunk and
> switch all bots to use wk2 only. But once we remove the code from trunk,
> we won't maintain it anymore, people using wk1 should keep using older
> WebKitGTK+ versions.

I should also say I'm opposed to turning off all the bots without
actually removing the code. That means all developers have to make
changes "in the dark" or someone will be responsible for fixing all
the issues before release. Making the branch allows us to extend the
life of WebKit 1 without bothering the rest of the WebKit community.

--Martin