[webkit-gtk] The struggles of making Mini-browser work behind a proxy.

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:51:53 PDT 2014

Interesting, I have exact path mentioned in blog and it does work for
me. I am using webkit 2.2.3.

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but never hurts to double check. I have
personally made these mistakes every now and then.

1. Was the code recompiled after patch? Can you add print command
temporarily to make sure its actually setting proxy.
2. Environment variable http_proxy is set  so that MiniBrowser does see
it. If you do echo $http_proxy, does it print proper proxy url?
3. Proxy urls have to be proper urls. E.g. http://myproxy:<port>. It
does not work otherwise.

Hope this helps,

Niranjan