[webkit-gtk] Too many build warnings

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Wed Mar 12 11:05:46 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Brendan Long <self at brendanlong.com> wrote:
> Any chance we could disable -Wdeprecated-declarations and
> -Wunused-parameter? I get an completely useless wall of warnings every time
> I build. By having so many warnings, it's impossible to see if any of them
> are actually important.

A fix should land soon for the deprecated symbol warnings. We are
still deciding whether or not it makes sense to fix the unused
parameter warnings or disable the warning. We are leaning toward
fixing them, since they break the Mac build.

> On a related note, there's also a bunch of undeclared symbol warnings. How
> do we fix that? I tried looking for webkitdomgtk-sections.txt, but the only
> results are in the WebKitBuild folder..

Make sure you have the latest version of gtkdoc. You might need to
update your internal WebKit JHBuild.

--Martin