[webkit-gtk] [URI scheme] eBook application

Marta Milaković marta.milakovic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 00:30:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am Google Summer of Code participant, and I am developing an application
for reading eBooks using WebKit. At the moment I'm working with the .epub
file format which is just compressed eBook content (html, css, ncx files).

My application is suppose to read the local files and present them in
WebKit preview, preferably without running a server. I used a  custom URI
scheme to work around the cross origin issue.
E.g. *<script src='book:epub.js/build/epub.js'></script>*

This works fine. But if I need to load many html files I don't want to
specify URI scheme in every request.
E.g. In .html files there are requests for stylesheets and images.
*<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/stylesheet.css" type="text/css"/>*

I would like to know if there a way I could redirect all the requests to
use predefined URI scheme? Or maybe you know of some other solution that
might work.

Thank you very much,

--
Marta Milaković