[webkit-gtk] WebKitScriptWorld signal "window-object-cleared" never fires

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Thu Feb 20 10:38:54 PST 2014

El mié, 19-02-2014 a las 17:04 -0500, sami wagiaalla escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to connect a callback function to the "window-object-cleared"
> signal as follows:
>
>   WebKitScriptWorld * world = webkit_script_world_get_default ();
>   g_signal_connect(world, "window-object-cleared", G_CALLBACK(window_object_cleared), NULL);
>
> but my callback never gets called. I have attached the test-case that I am using.
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

#include <webkit2/webkit2.h>
#include <webkit2/webkit-web-extension.h>

That's wrong, you can't use the extensions API and the UI process API in
the same process (we should probably generate a compile error in that
case).

The web extensions API can only be used from a web process extension.
For more information about web process extensions see:

http://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2013/09/10/webkit2gtk-web-process-extensions/

I hope it helps.