[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.5.3 released!

Enrique Ocaña González eocanha at igalia.com
Tue Aug 26 12:11:48 PDT 2014

El Martes, 26 de agosto de 2014 20:34:43 Jose escribió:

> I do have ninja-build installed, and the build fails towards the end.
> Any ideas how to fix it ?
>
> [5220/5529] Generating ../../WebKit2-4.0.gir
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

It would be nice to know which command is actually failing. To do that, ninja
should be invoked as "ninja -v ...". Once we know the failing command,
probably somebody else can shed some light about the problem.

Unfortunately, I can't quickly tell you what to modify "in the right way" to
always pass the -v parameter to ninja. However, if you want to try a quick and
*REALLY DIRTY* hack (at your own risk), you could use a proxy command to add
the parameter:

As root, move /usr/bin/ninja to /usr/bin/ninja.orig and use this
/usr/bin/ninja instead:

----
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/ninja.orig -v "$@"
----

Don't forget restore the original "ninja" as soon as possible.

Cheers.

--
Enrique Ocaña González