[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Sami Wagiaalla swagiaal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 07:10:26 PDT 2014

>>   Or proposal is to provide a stub extension that loads users python
>> script and hands over the control to it?
>
> Another proposal was to write a builtin extension in webkitgtk for every
> language we want to support.

Perhaps another option would be to create a proxy to WebKitWebExtension
et al which can be called from the UI process. Language which are
already binding WebKitGTK+ would not have much overhead to bind more
functions from WebKit2GTK+

I am not aware of how many languages bind WebKitGTK so this might be
overkill.