[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 09:02:32 PDT 2014

I am just trying to understand proposals.

By script, do we mean writing a small program that generates extension?
Or proposal is to provide a stub extension that loads users python
script and hands over the control to it?

Does this mean that a python or vala developer needs to have gcc and
other tools required to build extension on his machine? Does a typical
python developer has all those tools? How about debugging code in python
or vala? Those questions are going to come sooner or latter once support
for these language is added.

 From python developer's perspective, it might be much easier to say put
this pre built extension at this location, modify this config file to
point to your code which has these interfaces and we will call you back.