[webkit-gtk] Unable to create webview object through npapi plugin

prasadam kumar prasadamkumar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 23:36:20 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to create web view object through npapi plugin.
I am using webkit2 in this plugin will run as a separate process.
When i am trying to run my plugin in my ubuntu pc i am getting below error
message.
When i  call webkit_web_view_new() api getting below error and return value
is NULL.

(Plugin-container:2037): GLib-GObject-Warning **specified instance size for
type 'WebKitWebView' is smaller than the parent type's 'GtkContainer'
instance size
(Plugin-container:2037): GLib-GObject-Critical
**g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE
(instance_type)' is failed
(Plugin-container:2037): GLib-CRITAL **g_once_init_level: assertion 'result
!= 0' failed.

Please help me why i am getting above error message.

My observation: In case of webkit2 and plugin as a part of webkitwebprocess
able to create view properly.

Regards
Prashanth kumar