[webkit-gtk] webkitgtk-2.0.4 compilation fails

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Thu Sep 26 13:58:17 PDT 2013

Hey,

Em Qui, 2013-09-26 às 04:12 +0000, John Frankish escreveu:
> Thanks - I'm compiling for more machines than just my own, hence using
> a "standard" of "-march=i486 -mtune=i686".
>
> This is the first time in many years I came across such an error, even
> with software that no sane person would try to use on an i486...

A fix for this would be to enhance the preprocessor checks that WebKit
to decide whether it should or should not build those symbols into the
library (they've been added for MIPS if I'm not mistaken). I wonder if
that's worth the effort, though.

Is this for some distro package? The x86 packages in Debian do not hit
that error, I guess we're not being too strict with -march.

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project