[webkit-gtk] Error on executing update-webkitgtk-libs.

Mayur K eminemence at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 04:28:24 PDT 2013

Hi All,
On running build-webkit--gtk I was getting more errors related to git repos.
One more solution could be to avoid the git: urls altogether could be in
the jhbuild modules file.
The change is in the WebKit/Tools/gtk/jhbuild.modules file.

-  <repository type="git" name="github.com"
      href="git://github.com"/>
+  <repository type="git" name="github.com"
      href="https://github.com"/>

After doing this change I did not get any git repo related errors.
But now I am getting the libsoup version related error on running
build-webkit--gtk
--
checking for LIBSOUP... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libsoup-2.4 >= 2.42.0) were not met:

Requested 'libsoup-2.4 >= 2.42.0' but version of libsoup is 2.40.0

Any ideas to fix this issue?
Thanks.
--eminemence.

--