[webkit-gtk] Which video formats supports webkitGTK?

Philippe Normand philn at igalia.com
Mon Nov 25 01:39:47 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 10:30 +0100, Ángel Luis Perales Gómez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know tha webkitGTK use Gstreamer in order to play video but I would
> like which video formats supports because I tried with some format and
> it doesn't work, in fact there are some videos that works but when it
> finish, it doesn't play again.

It depends on which decoders/demuxers are available in your runtime
environment...

Usually if the player doesn't find a decoder or demuxer the codec
installer should prompt the user about installing the missing package.

Please file bugs for the videos you can play once but not twice.

Also make sure the videos play with gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=... If
that doesn't work the bug should be reported in GStreamer's bugzilla.

Philippe