[webkit-gtk] Handling the run-file-chooser signal

nn6eumtr nn6eumtr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:42:08 PST 2013

I've made some progress - it appears that initially I wasn't waiting
long enough for the page to load and draw. I am now using a function
that spins in the event loop for X seconds (which I want anyway to pace
my interaction with the web servers), and that got things to the point
where I can "click" on the control and get the run-file-chooser signal
to fire.

I defined my handler as such:

	$view->signal_connect('run-file-chooser' => sub {
	  my ($view, $FileChooserRequest) = @_;

	  print "Inside run-file-chooser handler\n";

	  return('/home/me/test.txt');
	});

I see my text and and this keeps the native file chooser from appearing,
and doesn't raise any errors -- however I don't see the input element
update with the file name like I expect. After I send the click event I
go into GTK events for X seconds loop, so this should not be another
timing issue.

I am wondering if I am returning the right thing, or if I'm supposed to
call a method to set the file list and then return success or failure.
Looking at the C version of the docs it appears I should return an array
of file names. Does anyone have any insights?