[webkit-gtk] How to get start

Jérémy Lal kapouer at melix.org
Thu May 23 03:08:19 PDT 2013

On 23/05/2013 11:24, 聂琨琳 wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>    I am a student form China.Recently,I am in research how to use WebKit.
> Now I had builded WebKit--gtk  on Ubuntu. Then I got a lot of files in the “WebKit Build” folder.
> OK,If I want to develop my own browser based on webkit,where should I get start?
> Thank you.

On ubuntu, you just have to install a libwebkitgtk (or similarly named) package,
there is no need to build it.
You can look at the source code of other software that depend on libwebkitgtk package :
apt-cache rdepends libwebkitgtk-3.0-0
apt-cache rdepends libwebkitgtk-1.0-0
and then install the source package to read the code :
apt-get source xxxxx

(provided you have enabled source repositories on your system preferences).

Jérémy.