[webkit-gtk] XmlHttprequest? leak

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Thu May 23 01:33:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm using (building) WekKitGtk+ (1.10.2)  { On Arm-9 and on PC-x64 }

Both seem to suffer from the same problem. Leaking XMLhttpRequest.
( ive tried some simple html/javascript that is doing XMLhttpRequest in
a repetitive way, )

It seems that "repetitive" XMLhttpRequest's are leaking LOTS of memory.
{ for example ("GET", "/sometxt.txt?" + numRep, true);  }
Anyone that can tell me where to look at (I'm stuck for a couple of
weeks now).
Anyone that can give me a sample that is NOT leaking ?

I even included  http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/143619.  (on
recommendation of Martin Robinson) .

Same result leaking XMLhttp-request (until browsers dies).

OBSERVATIONS:
The VmSize of the Web-browser process (GtkLauncher on ARM-9) at startup
is typically VmSize:=105000 kB, after a 40000 XMLhttp-requests the
memory size is increased to VmSize:=387448 kB. ( and keeps on
increasing)
When doing more xml-http-requests the browser finally dies due to out of
memory.

NOTE: when not doing the xml-httprequests but some onther javascripting
(that increments a counter on the same time-interval) the Browser
(GtkLauncher on ARM-9)  VmSize 'ceils' at 205000 kB (aprox),
 and I can let the browser run for days, [ have one unit-running for 4
weeks (as test)] without crashing .

Regards Noel

<< JSC-code - snap-shot >>
function Global_onreadystatechange()
{
	numReady++;
	if(this.readyState == 4 && this.status == 200)
	{
		this.onreadystatechange = null;
		numResp++;
	}
}

function Global_Request()
{
	if(xhr)
	{
		//  the ? numRep should make it harder for cache
		xhr.open("GET", "/sometxt.txt?" + numRep, true);
		xhr.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","text/plain");
		xhr.onreadystatechange = Global_onreadystatechange;
		xhr.send(null);
	}
}