[webkit-gtk] Multi Web Process

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Mon May 6 01:36:58 PDT 2013

En 05/05/13 18:47, Daniel Narvaez escribiu:
> Hello,
>
> I see that multiple web process support is on the 2.2 roadmap but there
> is no related  bug report. I was wondering if anyone knows more about
> what is involved in adding that feature. I tried to just
>
> priv->context->setProcessModel(ProcessModelMultipleSecondaryProcesses);
>
> And it seems to work in MiniBrowser. Is that (with an appropriate gtk
> API) all or am I missing something?

I'd say that this is only the first step :). That will indeed make the
WebContext create a new process for a new browsing context. Thing is
that the multi web process architecture needs some other changes to be
really correct.

For example we still need to support the NetworkProcess (otherwise you'd
have multiple webcore instances each one with its own resource cache,
also throttling connections and resource load priorities would be a
nightmare, etc...) or the shared web workers process among other stuff.

BR