[webkit-gtk] Webkit GTK Release 2 - basically unusable for us

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Thu May 2 11:05:49 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Christian Betz <cbetz at sicom.com> wrote:

> If i'm understanding things correctly from looking at the epiphany
> plugin: It looks like I will be creating a plugin that runs in the
> WebProcess and sends dbus messages to my main gtk process (or some
> other process). what exactly is missing right now? for one thing: i
> see that 'window-object-cleared' is not a valid signal for a
> WebKitWebPage and there appears to be no other signal which will allow
> me to hook into the right point in the page's life cycle.

Right now the WebExtension API doesn't expose window-object-cleared,
so the plan is to include it in the next version.

> Silly question: each page is its own process now, right? Does that
> mean obtaining the handle I need could be as easy as calling
> JSGlobalContextCreate(0)? Is a new signal itself the only thing
> missing or does the signal also need to pass along a
> JSGlobalContextRef gpointer like it did before?

At the moment, all pages are in the same process, but that may change
in the future. You'll need to get the global context from the signal,
as a fresh global context cannot interact with the page.

--Martin