[webkit-gtk] Webkit GTK Release 2 - basically unusable for us

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:13:11 PDT 2013

Not really. If you use release 2, as far as I can see, you can not get
frames. Its available in release 1. This is to say if you include
webkit2.h, my understanding is these functions are not available.

http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebView.html

Javascript is good enough for simple tasks, but for complex tasks its
not possible, especially if you need to get data on c side of the world.
For many of my tasks, I need to fire XPath on document, execute some
logic and then decide which element is worthy of attention. This becomes
almost impossible in javascript, especially if you add complexity of
frames and security that goes around it.

Pity, I can not use 2. But I can use release 1 with new code as it seems
to be performing much better.

Regards,

Niranjan