[webkit-gtk] Bump dependency requirements before WebKitGTK+ 2.0

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Mon Mar 25 11:21:35 PDT 2013

On Sex, 2013-03-22 at 07:47 -0700, Martin Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
> <cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:
> > Since WebKit2GTK+ is going to depend on really new stuff already (gcc
> > 4.7/clang 3, libsecret, libsoup 2.42, gst 1.0, harfbuzz, etc.) I propose
> > to bump other dependencies that will allow us to remove a lot of
> > #ifdefs, and remove deprecated stuff.
>
> For what it's worth, these all sound like good ideas to me assuming
> they will be shipping with distributions that ship WebKitGTK+ 2.0.

o/

That is quite hard to say, but I believe it's quite OK to rely on
versions released at the same time, specially since we want to try and
keep these dependencies for a while. The versions proposed by Carlos all
look good to me, they will all be in Debian experimental by the time 2.0
hits experimental, and us developers can rely on our jhbuild so…

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project