[webkit-gtk] Odd problem with anchor click

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:41:52 PST 2013

Hi there,

In my code I get a list of anchor elements. When clicked, these elements
execute a javascript code that does a post. Before posting it's setting
target to "_blank". The behavior is on click it opens a new window and
it generally works - at least when tried in normal browsers.

The problem I am facing is when I programatically call click method of
the element by calling "webkit_dom_html_element_click" this works only
once - that is I get the new window event only once. For rest of the
links I don't get event and my newly opened window in first click is
also not refreshed. Its as if webkit has swallowed my click function. In
the same browser window, if I use mouse to click the link webkit does
open the new window as expected.

It seems like webkit_dom_html_element_click is not exact equivalent of
physically clicking the link at least in some cases. Can someone please
let me know what I am doing wrong or any ideas of solving this problem

Thanks,

Niranjan