[webkit-gtk] Lightweight debug builds

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Wed Feb 20 01:48:15 PST 2013

Hi,

most of us consistently refuse to use Debug builds due to several
reasons: they're very slow at execution time, require tons of memory,
take a lot to build, etc. But Debug builds have some unique advantages
like logging or assertions that could help us a lot.

In order to avoid some of the drawbacks of debug builds and keep most of
their advantages (except debugging symbols) I have recently started to
use what I call lightweight debug builds or semi-debug builds, which are
basically debug builds but without debugging symbols. You can achieve
that easily doing:

build-webkit --gtk --debug --enable-debug-symbols=min

Hope it helps

BR