[webkit-gtk] OIPF interfaces

Christian Frost cf at cfrost.dk
Tue Feb 19 23:29:47 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Christian Frost <cf at cfrost.dk> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm working on a project that requires OIPF (see link below) to be
> supported
> > in WebKitGTK+, however it does'nt seem to be supported in the current
> > version. Are you planning to implement it? Or can you pin point me what
> > do if I want to implement a "stub" OIPF spec.
>
> HbbTV was discussed on webkit-dev [1] some months ago and was not
> favorably received.
>
> 1. https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-October/022443.html
>
> --Martin

I found the post and you are right, the developers didn't seem to like it.
However, I'm curious if someone could give me some overall guidelines
(step-by-step) of what is required for WebKit to support OIPF. How big a
task it is, which parts of the code to change, which new parts to
implement, etc.

> https://www.google.dk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oipf.tv%2Fspecifications%2Froot%2Fsolution-specification-volume-5-declarative-application-environment%2Fdownload&ei=HSkjUdyIB4vesgayr4DwBw&usg=AFQjCNH5KnfkBWOydSx_KgK4Y_MmM-NnaA&sig2=EN1hu8On8mmqfsAHR2OEQw&bvm=bv.42553238,d.Yms
> >
> > --
> > Best regards
> > Christian

Mvh