[webkit-gtk] Problems with the API to get the TLS certificate

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Mon Feb 18 08:27:19 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:
> We could add that method to the web view directly
> (webkit_web_view_get_https_status) and document that it should be called
> after the load is committed, or we could emit a signal and pass the
> certificate and tls errors as arguments, but this could be confusing
> because there will be a signal to handle TLS errors in the future. Note
> that this API is to get the TLS information even when there are no
> errors to show information about the certificate.

A method sounds good to me, but a signal wouldn't be so bad either.
One thing to consider is to rename the method to something like
webkit_web_view_get_https_info to avoid confusion with the HTTP
status. This actually confused me a bit (though I'm pre-coffee).

--Martin