[webkit-gtk] about html5 and http protocol

Philippe Normand philn at igalia.com
Fri Dec 27 06:32:32 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-27 at 15:15 +0100, T andolsi wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Running some html5 tests, I'm getting  the following error:
>

> GStreamer-ERROR **: gstbuffer.c:542: failed to allocate 38707983 bytes
>

> Debugging the issue, I see that in
> "StreamingClient::didReceiveData(ResourceHandle* handle, const char*
> data, int length, int)" function,we are trying to allocate a huge size
> of memory.

Which version of WebKitGTK+ are you using?
Our gst http source element recently received quite a lot of
modifications. I advise you to test the latest release, if possible.

> I think that in webkit, we are loading all the stream in one or tow
> buffers. Is it the case ?

No.

> Is there any way in webkit to stream the video: I mean to not load all
> the data in one or tow buffers ?

The element should allocate buffers dynamically depending on what the
SubResourceLoader instructs it.

> to use Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP ?

Of course this is possible, and supported, provided that your GStreamer
installation has the required plugins for the various adaptive streaming
protocols (DASH, HLS, etc...).

Philippe