[webkit-gtk] Webkit shutdown, sqlite lock

Bastien Durel bastien.durel at data.fr
Thu Aug 29 01:15:49 PDT 2013

Hello,

I ran into a problem while using webkit (the perl gtk::webkit bindings)
I wrote a program that go to some pages, do some actions, then exit. It
works well, but there was a bunch of slow processing at the end, then
added some parallelism with some forks at the end of the process, and
now, sometime, the process does not exits properly.
I got a backtrace from gdb : http://pastebin.com/Dh4MGt5p
It looks like webkitExit() is called on exit, and it locks into sqlite3
shutdown.
I know sqlite3 is not a good team player across multiple processes.

So my question is : how to properly close it BEFORE I need to fork ? (I
do not need webkit when I fork, I stopped the gtk main loop, but it
seems it did not shutdown sqlite)

Thanks,

--
Bastien Durel
DATA

bastien.durel at data.fr
tel : +33 (0) 1 57 19 59 28
fax : +33 (0) 1 57 19 59 73
44 bis, boulevard Félix Faure 92320 CHATILLON France
www.data.fr