[webkit-gtk] Looking for debugging tips

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 11:04:24 PDT 2013

Environment : Ubuntu 12.04, 64bit,  Webkit Version:2.0.1, though we use
it in 1.* mode.

I am looking for tips for triaging/debugging following problem.

We are seeing messages like "Bad Request, Your browser sent a request
that this server could not understand." occasionally. It does happen
often enough to become noticeable our daily reports, but not at all
reproducible.

We have scripts that drive webkit to do some actions to navigate given
website. There is no human involved when scripts run on production
environment. Script engine does checks by making sure some conditions
are fulfilled before allowing next action - e.g. fill form or click
button/link etc.  If the engine does not find expected information, it
logs the screen shot and aborts. This is where we find the above message.

We do build webkit locally since (last time I checked) ubuntu
repositories did not have latest and greatest. Its built in release mode
and does not have debug symbols.

Regards,

Niranjan