[webkit-gtk] [webkit-help] Fwd: webview failed to be transparent

Emmanuel Rodriguez emmanuel.rodriguez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:32:09 PDT 2013

On 24 April 2013 09:32, Jianhua Shao <alex.sjh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I build webkitgtk 1.9.92 by below configuration
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-accelerated-compositing
> --enable-fast-mobile-scrolling --enable-jit --disable-webkit2
> --disable-plugin-process --disable-gtk-doc-html --with-gtk=2.0
> --with-acceleration-backend=opengl
>
> After that, I write a simple app to make the content of webview
> transparent by calling webkit_web_view_set_transparent(). But it failed.
> I tryied version 1.11.5, it also does not work.
> The same app source code works in a old version of gtk-webkit, AFAIK, it
> was about gtk-webkit 1.3.

Can you try to build gtk-webkit 1.6.3 and see if it works?

I experience a similar problem in which calling webkit_web_view_draw() with
a custom Cairo context would behave strangely since gtk-webkit 1.8. In my
case I wanted to save a webpage as a PDF with a Cairo context that's backed
by a PDF surface. Since gtk-webkit 1.8 the PDF is composed of a big
rasterized image and is no longer vectorial.