[webkit-gtk] Building Webkit-GTK in Fedora 18 alpha

Edwin Lim limed3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:20:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been working on building Webkit-GTK in Fedora 18 alpha and I think
I've managed to get a good set of packages to get it close to building
however I've run into an error in the build that confuses me a little.

   CXXLD    Libwebkit2gtk-3.0.1a
   CCLD     Programs/unittests/testapplicationscache
/lib64/libxslt.so: undefined reference to 'xmlBufUse'
/lib64/libxslt.so: undefined reference to 'xmlBufContent'
make[1]: *** [Programs/unittests/testapplicationcache] Error 1

In the above excerpt I've made a build that passes configure, but when it
attempts to link a testapplicationcache to libxslt it throws 2 errors
detailing undefined references to xmlBufUse and xmlBufContent. I've checked
the libxslt-devel and libxml2-devel packages I had installed on the Fedora
18 machine and they appear to be more recent than the Ubuntu packages I
needed to install for a running build (i.e. libxslt-devel-1.1.27-2.fc18.
x86_64 (Fedora) vs libxslt1-dev 1.1.26-14 (Ubuntu)).

Would anyone happen to know about how this build error might be solved?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin Lim