[webkit-gtk] A way to draw on a node?

Daniel Campos dcamposf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 17:46:05 PDT 2012

Hi all:

I've been using webkit-gtk for a while and I was wondering whether there
might be a method to do custom draw on a chosen node, let's say a DIV, for
instance, or any other element. The idea would be something that allows me
to receive the cairo context and the surface and be able to draw there by
following the order in which elements are redrawn, that is, receiving an
event while webkit-gtk is redrawing the surface before other elements in
upper layers are drawn (z-index).

I tried to use the "create-plugin-widget" signal with a custom object as a
workaround, but unfortunately the widget is placed on top of everything
drawn by webkit-gtk, so I can not fulfill my need of having my custom
element in a certain layer, with other elements over it.

I looked for all the documentation available in the webkit-gtk place plus
the one by Apple and even the source headers, but I was unlucky.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Daniel