[webkit-gtk] hi, I am newbie, bring one question here

Eric Gregory eric at yorba.org
Mon May 21 19:02:56 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Tang Daogang <daogangtang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why we only have and keep one language in browser? Google has released his
> Dart some days, which is to replace javascript in browser. If webkit-gtk
> can do GObject binding to DOM and other API, any/many language can do
> programming in browser, isn't it? I think this road is better than Dart.

We're talking about two different things here.  Dart and Javascript are
designed to be cross platform languages that can be run in any browser.
WebKit-Gtk and its GObject Introspection bindings are designed to be used
in applications with built-in web browsers.

Certainly, you can't expect everyone on the web to be running WebKit-Gtk
and various interpreters installed on their systems.

  - Eric