[webkit-gtk] hi, I am newbie, bring one question here

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Mon May 21 11:42:18 PDT 2012

On Seg, 2012-05-21 at 10:50 +0800, Tang Daogang wrote:

> 1. combine the lua compiler into browser (such as epiphany);
> 2. install lgi;
> 3. when meet lua code, call lua compiler to compile, and use lgi to
> call gobject API exported by gi binding;
>
> is it all right?

So, if I understood you right you are not looking for ways of poking the
DOM from inside your application, but instead allowing web developers to
use other languages in their pages. This is not something our GObject
bindings can help you with at this point, I'm afraid.

I think you're probably better off looking for a compiler that is able
to compile Lua to Javascript, to be honest. That seems to be where
everyone is going. Javascript is the new ASM.

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project