[webkit-gtk] webkitgtk-1.8.x and Java/Flash plugins

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Sat May 5 07:58:05 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Mario Sanchez Prada <msanchez at igalia.com> wrote:
> I think nspluginwrapper is only useful to "run a plugin in a browser of
> a different architecture" than the original one (32-bit), so my question
> is, which arch are you using? If you're using a 32-bit OS I'm afraid
> there's no much solution to your problem yet, at least not that I know
> of (and I swear I've looked for it! :))
>
> As they claim in the website[1], "it is most commonly used to run a
> 32-bit plugin built for x86 in a 64-bit browser built for x86-64, but
> _other combinations_ are _possible with QEMU_"

If you read the entire text they say that because Chrome and Firefox
already suport OOP plugins, so in principle there would be no reason
to use nspluginwrapper unless you need to run a 32bit plugin in a
64bit machine or viceversa. I don't know of any reason why a 32bit
plugin could not work in a 32bit machine with nspluginwrapper. Is
there any?

Xan