[webkit-gtk] WK2: Adapting the Policy Decision Framework for Geolocation

Mario Sanchez Prada msanchez at igalia.com
Fri Mar 30 07:10:58 PDT 2012

Just realized I messed some things up here. Now clarifying...

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 13:13 +0200, Mario Sanchez Prada wrote:
> [...]
> I've attached some quick diagrams I made with Dia to better explain
> what's in my head at this moment.

Forget about the geoclue-related stuff in the diagrams. Those do not
belong to this part of the geolocation patch (integration with the
policy decision framework), but to the implementation of a new
geolocation provider, which will be placed somewhere else.

I don't know why I wrote that in the diagrams. It's Friday, I guess.

> * Option 1 (geolocationWK2-option1.png):
>
>  - Rename WebKitPolicyDecision to WebKitFramePolicyDecision
>
>  - Rename the use() and ignore() methods to accept() and reject(),
>    which are more general, even if internal implementation is the same,
>    in terms of WKFramePolicyListenerRef's use() and ignore() methods.

This accept() and reject() objects won't be in
WebKitFramePolicyDecision.h, since they would be just the implementation
of the abstract definition in the superclass, WebKitPolicyDecision.

>  - Create a new abstract class (WebKitPolicyDecision) with two abstract
>    methods, accept() and reject(). WebKitFramePolicyDecision would be a
>    subclass of this one, obviously.

Forget about the madePolicyDecision related stuff in this class for now
(see diagram)

>  - Create a new class WebKitGeolocationPolicyDecision, implementing
>    accept() and reject() in terms of WKGeolocationPermissionRequestRef's
>    allow() and deny() methods.
>

> * Option 1 (geolocationWK2-option2.png):

This is obviously "Option 2" :P

> [...]
> For the time being, I will keep working having Option 1 in mind.

I've advanced quite a lot and have to say it's even starting to make
sense to me. Hope I'm not assuming too much... :)

Mario