[webkit-gtk] Drag and Drop is not working in GtkLauncher when running with Wayland back end

avijit.manna at wipro.com avijit.manna at wipro.com
Tue Jun 19 06:23:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

On further debugging on the below issue, I found that gdk_drag_begin() is called when the drag event occurs.
After that the code flow is something like:
 gdk_drag_begin() -> gdk_drag_begin_for_device()->_gdk_wayland_window_drag_begin() (This is for wayland backend).

Inside the function, _gdk_wayland_window_drag_begin(), which creates and returns the GdkDragContext, the source window and targets are not initialized, as a result the value of context->source_window is and context->targets are NULL.
I checked the corresponding x11 function _gdk_x11_window_drag_begin() which is initializing these values as follows:

context->is_source = TRUE;
  context->source_window = window;
  g_object_ref (window);

  context->targets = g_list_copy (targets);
  precache_target_list (context);

  context->actions = 0;

What is the reason of this difference in the two similar functions? Is this causing the drag/drop not happening when I use wayland as a backend or is there some other reason for the same?

Regards,
Avijit