[webkit-gtk] WK2: WebKitWebViel scrolling

Julian Scheel julian at jusst.de
Mon Jul 30 00:23:53 PDT 2012

Am Sonntag, den 29.07.2012, 23:54 +0200 schrieb Martin Robinson:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Julian Scheel <julian at jusst.de> wrote:
>
> >> Those features will be implemented in WebKit itself.
> >
> > Does this really make sense? In the end it will lead to code duplication - or even worse a different implementation of kinetic-scrolling then Gtk itself does. This may lead to an inconsistent feeling for the enduser when the WebKitWebView scrolling behaviour (speed, etc.) is different to what Gtk itself implements.
>
> Consider that if we implement this behavior in WebKit, we can ensure
> that it applies equally well and consistently to interior frames. An
> external, GTK-based implementation does not provide that.

As I am not into the internal widget structure of WebKitGTK it might be
completely out of scope, but what prevents us from using
GtkScrolledWindow (or a derived class if more features are required) for
inner frames?
Which class should actually implement the scrolling? I assume inner
Frames are not WebKitWebViews but some internal class?

-Julian