[webkit-gtk] How to load and process different URI with webkitgtk using multi-thread

zzy_same 1804296947 at qq.com
Thu Jul 12 23:59:15 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,

  I'am new to WebkitGTK and I'm developing a C++ application that uses the
webkitgtk.

  Development enviroment: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

 Source: WebKitGTK+ 1.8.1 stable version

 Here is the situation:

 ThreadA: Initialize the "main_window" and "web view";  g_signal_connect
"web_view" and "resource-load-finished"; run gtk_main

 ThreadB(main thread): call threadA;  then call
webkit_web_view_load_uri(web_view, uri) and wait for
"resource-load-finished" callback function to do some printout;

 The problem is:

1.       If I try to call webkit_web_view_stop_loading(webView) after
printout in "resource-load-finished" callback function, the app core dumped
at gtk_main () in threadA

2.       The second time to call webkit_web_view_load_uri with another uri,
after the "resource-load-finished" callback function returned from first
iteration without calling webkit_web_view_stop_loading, then the app core
dumped at webkit_web_view_load_uri(web_view, uri)

 How can I load different uri with webkitgtk?

 Any suggestions or specific rules to follow about multi-threading and
webkitgtk?

Thank you for your help.

Albert