[webkit-gtk] Custom Filechooser dialog

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Feb 6 07:44:41 PST 2012

On 01/19/2012 05:10 PM, Martin Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> Thinking about it, would it maybe be a good addition to the API to have an
>> 'upload-requested' signal similar to the 'download-requested' [1] one and
>> then the listener decides whether to handle it or not, and if 'False' is
>> returned the standard dialog is used?
>
> This functionality does seem like a reasonable addition to me.
>
> --Martin

Hey,

thanks Martin for your reply.

What is the path forward on this one? I am wondering how to proceed:

- is the approach above with a 'upload-requested' signal a good one that
you would consider of adding as public API or are there other better
approaches to solve the issue of having a custom file-chooser?

- is this an easy addition for someone familiar with the codebase? Is
there someone willing to do it or do I have to try and rip my hair out
and write an ugly patch first? :)

- API additions for webkit vs webkit2?

Thanks a lot in advance for any clarification,
    Simon