[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 1.9.90 released!

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:48:27 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Dan Vratil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:
>> IMPORTANT: This release contains changes in the WebKit2 API that break
>> backwards compatibility. These changes only affect the WebKit2 API, see
>> the list of changes below for more details about the API changes.
>
> Actually you managed to break WebKit1 API as well. _AGAIN_. There is a new
> GError attribute in webkit_dom_node_clone_node().
>
> This is a second similar issue within subsequent releases - guys, do you even
> BOTHER to read what you commit?!?!

GObject DOM bindings are auto-generated, the API did not change
because of a commit we made.

At some point we'll try to make a tool that tracks API changes between
releases to catch this kind of thing, but if you feel so strongly
about it contributions are welcome. In any case, thanks for the
report, we'll try to get it sorted out for the next release.

Finally, keep a civil tone in this mailing list or I'll just go ahead
and remove you from it.

Xan