[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 1.9.6 released!

Dan Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 07:49:43 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 08 of August 2012 14:14:26 you wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Dan Vratil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > there seem to be an API change in the generated DOM bindings:
> >
> > webkit_dom_html_element_set_class_name() is now called
> > webkit_dom_element_set_class_name()
> >
> > This breaks build of Evolution (while it worked in 1.9.5). Was it really
> > intended to change existing API or is it a bug? I realize this is a
> > development release, but I believe there should be some guarantees of
> > source compatibility between stable releases (1.8 - 1.10).
>
> Hi,
>
> yes, they are supposed to be stable. Probably some change in the IDL
> files that we didn't catch. We'll fix it for the next release adding a
> compatibility method in
> Source/WebCore/bindings/gobject/WebKitDOMCustom.cpp (we have a few of
> those already).

So webkit_dom_html_element_set_class_name() will be available again and
webkit_dom_element_set_class_name() will be provided by the
WebKitDOMCustom.cpp?

Btw I've run into one more problem with this release and that is that it won't
build :-)

make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/progdan/sources/webkit/webkit-1.9.6'
/usr/bin/mkdir -p ./.deps/DerivedSources
make[1]: execvp: /bin/sh: Argument list too long
make[1]: *** [libWebCore.la] Error 127

Running make -n reveals, that the command which is supposed to be executed
after mkdir is linking of libWebCore:

./doltlibtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden
-fno-rtti -Wno-c++0x-compat -O2   -o libWebCore.la ............

The command is more then 132k characters long, which is quite insane. WebKit
1.9.5 built OK for me, so probably some new object was added which makes the
line too long.  Would it make sense to store the arguments in a file and then
pass it all to doltlibtool by xargs? I did this manually and it linked OK, but
my Automake skills are not good enough to incorporate this into the .am files
:)

Dan